Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Something I want to do that will take a lot of time and make me no money!

On April 28 I'm participating in Learn-a-palooza in Washington, DC. I'll be presenting a shortened version of my Intro to Personal Finance class, covering the topics of goal setting, budgeting, debt management and credit.

I *love* this idea and I'm very excited about presenting. Since I am the kind of person I am, now that I'm leaving the area I want to steal this idea and take it with me and produce it in Portland, OR which is going to be my new home town. As such, I've contacted the organizer and am attending a meeting on Saturday to learn just how much work I'm getting myself into.

I'm guessing it's going to be a lot of hard work, but I think it's SO worth it. There are so many people out there with skills and knowledge to share and what a great idea it is to let them do that. I encourage those of you in other areas to consider something like this for your home town. And, if you happen to be in DC on April 28, I'll be at Potter's House from 11-Noon, stop by and say hi!

About Learn-a-palooza:
Learn-a-Palooza DC is a first-of-its-kind community organized event happening on Saturday, April 28th, 2007. From 10AM-6PM businesses, homes, and community centers in Adams Morgan, U St, Dupont, and Columbia Heights will open their doors to hold short "workshops" on every topic under the sun – from "Intro to Yoga", to "Beat the Sugar Blues", to "How to Learn 19 Languages", to "Acting 101", to "Buying Your First Home", to "Understanding Your Camera".

No comments: